Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
About Deloitte Tax & Legal
We have a team of approximately 280 professional staff members across South Africa comprised of qualified charted accountants and lawyers who offer specialist insight across many industries. Deloitte Tax professionals keep current on the latest changes that impact clients' business tax strategy, enabling clients to focus on business objectives while we address the tax requirements. Deloitte Legal, amongst the largest legal and regulatory service providers in Africa, assists clients operating in increasingly complex legal, regulatory and digital environments through a multidisciplinary approach, combining integrated legal and commercial expertise.
Make an impact that matters and set the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Main Purpose of Job
• Establishes an advanced legal technical working knowledge to enhance quality and efficiency of work performed
• Prepares complex technical analyses based on client's facts and circumstances
• Builds a working knowledge of legal authorities, their organizational structures, roles, and key responsibilities
• Attends meetings with counterparts, local legal authorities, and regulators and actively contributes to discussions
• Proactively builds more specialized knowledge of the legal services in which the professional is involved
• Develops a keen understanding of legislations and court implications and advises clients accordingly
• Supports the Engagement Manager / team in delivery of engagement / project, in specific area of competency
• Conducts complex legal research and analysis, forming valid, actionable, and data-driven insights and recommendations
• Identifies and applies legal research and analysis techniques based on key client's issues and data sets
• Drives effective legal research and analysis to increase validity and efficiency by keeping in mind the client's legal and business context
• Ensures legal research processes are performed in accordance to relevant standards, frameworks, and leading practices
• Effectively identifies and collects due diligence data by applying a keen understanding of engagement objectives
• Independently drives the development of robust legal documents
• Proactively identifies the position of the Client to ensure legal documents are effectively targeted for client's needs
• Leverages experience and research to help define key aspects of the legal document development strategy
• Leverages draft legal documents developed by junior staff to produce a more complex, detailed, and tailored document
• Applies knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes (or relevant laws and regulations) in area of specialization to address client problems
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the Client
• Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develops informed recommendations
• Articulates how technology enables the business and communicates this effectively to clients while ensuring appropriate technologies and methodologies are used on projects
• Must have completed legal articles, with some corporate law experience
• Sound knowledge of the Companies Act, 2008; good drafting and writing skills; articulate and able to develop and support a legal argument
• 1 year post articles’ corporate law experience
• Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Hybrid & Vaccination policy
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position