Please check your email .
Senior Legal Counsel
Reputable company based in Durban La Lucia seeks a Regional legal Counsel
- To provide objective and professional legal advice and guidance
- Provide legal support for business strategy and objectives, including
advice on complex legal and intellectual property matters, litigation
management, drafting legal documents (including Supply, sales,
labour… and distribution contracts and other commercial contracts in
the ordinary course of business…), advising the business as to legal
rights, company secretarial management, and corporate compliance
- To manage and coordinate the deployment of appropriate legal
resource to maximise the performance of the business while
safeguarding the corporate interests of the company
- Assist and coordnate the Insurance program implemented by the
- Implementation and/or follow the needed reporting (agreement /
claim & dispute / organisation chart etc.)
- Assist & coordinate with LD insurance matters and program
Advice on applicable laws, compliance and other legal
Negotiations with Third Parties (eg in relation to Contracts,
claims and litigation)
- Support delivery of SEA strategy by providing high quality, proactive,
objective and commercially-orientated legal advice and assistance.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for the conduct operations. Conduct
legal research as needed to address and resolve legal issues facing
- Comply with and ensure proper application of laws and regulations. Provide
analysis and interpretation of laws and regulations. Training employees
regarding legal and company policy compliance.
- Preserve customer interests by supporting and advising departments,
preferably with a proactive approach designed to avoid, mitigate, and/or
resolve claims and disputes.
- Draft or supervise drafting of legal documentation (e.g. contract; license,
contract rights and obligations) regarding supply chain, sales, marketing,
R&D, HR, intellectual property, and other commercial matters.
- Monitor and manage litigation and claims, and supervise outside counsel by
developing strategy, arguments, documents and testimony in preparation
for case presentation. Coordinate company representation in Court.
- Advise management regarding human resources issues.
- Assist with M&A Activities
- Occasionally assist the Global General Counsel with projects that affect the
BU, but which are either outside the ordinary course of business, or which
are of global nature (e.g. finance matters, acquisitions, and global supply
Education: BCom Law / LLB
Experience : 7 – 10 years in commercial law
R1.1- 1.4 million per year