ABOUT THE COMPANY Sigma Consulting Group is an independent global HR & business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations perform at the highest levels, achieve sustainable competitive advantage and create value. We offer a comprehensive suite of services designed to assist clients across the business cycle – from idea conceptualization to unlimited growth across major industries of the economy.
Requirements and Skills
• Degree in Law / MA or B.Sc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
• Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment
• Must be a Legal Practitioner, or a Law graduate that has been called to bar, with minimum of 2 years experience .
• Must be proficient in commercial law, corporate governance guildlines, understand the e-payment industry and should be able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
• Outstanding communication skills
• We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. • You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
• The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure. Responsibilities
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
• Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
• Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
Financial law, Commercial law, Contract drafting and preparation, Contract law, Legal analysis, Dispute resolution and arbitration, Judicial processes and litigation