Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC) is mandated to provide clean water supply and services in Rwanda. In order to boost its operations, WASAC wishes to hire competent and enthusiastic people for the following position:
• Reporting to: Manager Legal Advisory Services
• Nature of Contract: Open ended Contract.
Overall Objectives of the Position:
To provide WASAC management with advice and technical review on legal related matters.
Scope of Work:
To ensure that all operations done as per set policies and procedures, and advise on how legal matters can be handled amicably.
Duties and Responsibilities for Legal officer
• Duties related to contracts issues;
• Provide contractual legal advisory services;
• Check and initial contracts;
• Provide inputs on all contracts prepared by procurement unit:
• Advise different departments in case of disputes in the implementation of contracts;
• Editing letters addressed to suppliers (warnings, cancellation replies,etc);
Duties related to litigations:
• Provide legal advisory services on all different sorts of claims and litigations in which
• WASAC is involved; • Settling disputes between the company and its internal customers;
• Initiate arguments for preserving the interest of WASAC;
• Facilitate the advocates who represent WASAC in the courts to understand the case to
• be defended;
• Draft response to the complaints letters
• Do transactions or legal settlements;
• Attend field visits for checking the situation doing investigation and report back the feedback;
• Prepare and submit a quarterly report on the progress of work.
Duties Related To WASAC's Insurance
• Ensure that the company is best covered at the lowest price;
• Follow up the process of tender related of deferent insurance;
• Declaration and follow up all claims with blocker in deferent insurances companies:
• Follow up the process of Incorporation or cancellation;
• Training with blocker on management of risks, prevention and protection to the technical staff in the plants.
Duties related to contract management Follow up of contract process and give advice before its expiry (contract management)
• Generally WASAC legal Officer will be required to:
• Draft WASAC governing ustuents like manuals, instructions legal opinions and others;
• To maintain accurate and up to date records of all work;
• To maintain strict confidentiality of personal information about WASAC Services and adhere to WASAC policy and procedures
• To undertake additional tasks and responsibilities which may arise from time to time, relevant to the post;
• Reviewing and providing legal advice on all WASAC operational activities on contracts, Mou's and other legal instrument as submitted seeking for legal advisory opinion; Check and initial contracts;
• Provide inputs on all contracts prepared by procurement unit.
• Do any other work assigned by your supervisor
Qualification and experience required:
• Having a Bachelor's degree in law
• At least 3 years of proven experience in similar position • Profound knowledge of law enforcement policies and procedu
• Operational knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Ability to prioritize work and work independently