This role will provide support and advice across the various Franchises/Regions within the Africa Operating Unit (AOU) and specific international projects.
What You’ll Do for Us
• Provide operational and tactical legal counseling and support, advice and assist in problem resolution on a timely basis; work as part of cross-functional teams on projects and initiatives to drive the Company’s vision of emerging stronger
• Proactively provide legal opinion as needed, conduct legal research and where necessary, work with outside counsel for advice on complex matters and local laws/regulations
• Draft, review, and negotiate key legal contracts to achieve business objectives, minimize risk and ensure compliance with Company policies, laws, and regulations
• Review and approve strategic marking initiatives including all labels, claims, packaging, advertising, campaigns and promotional initiatives (working in conjunction with key functions i.e. PACS; SRA and Marketing)
• Provide litigation/dispute assessment counseling and risk mitigation advice
• Participate in all cross-functional projects on innovation, new product launches and development. • Represent and/or guide the representation of Company interests in dealing with local governmental authorities.
• Ensure compliance with Company policy and provide proper training and support in the areas of corporate governance, including but not limited to Code of Business Conduct, Anti-Bribery Compliance, Supplier Guiding Principles, FCPA, Trade Sanctions, Data Privacy, Anti-trust and other policies.
• Develop and support efficiency opportunities within the legal function to enhance the agility and effectiveness of the legal function.
• Support OU Counsel and Franchise/Regional Counsel on strategic legal advice.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Education: qualified lawyer
• Work experience: 3 – 5 years post qualification experience.
• Business Partnership and Legal Efficiency: Provide legal support and business solutions to ensure realization of business priorities.
• Contracts and Transactions: Draft, review and negotiate customer, M & A, distribution, procurement, sponsorship, marketing and other contracts with significant authority as per delegation of authority to make final decision on legal issue.
• Ability to be highly organized and effective, handle multiple complex projects and carefully prioritize competing work assignments from many clients
• Strong communication skills, including written and presentation; ability to influence varied clients.
What We Can Do for You
• Commitment to Diversity: We are paving the way to create change in the industry and our leadership is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
• Global Network: Expand your global network by developing, learning, and growing with our top talent and connections around the world.
• Agile Work Environment: We embrace agile, with leadership that believes in removing barriers, so you are empowered to innovate and discover new solutions to complex problems.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws