The Legal Officer shall be responsible monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements as related to DCP operations, ensuing compliance with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft a wide variety of legal agreements as may be contingent on DCP business matters.
• Provide internal advisory support services on corporate legal matters to business units and departments within DCP.
• Provide commercial legal support to all departmental projects and job functions.
• Support in the development of service level agreements SLA’s for service delivery to all DCP business units.
• Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
• Analyze and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
• Liaise with external counsel in the management and resolution of disputes
• Ensure the compliance with laid down guidelines (with emphasis on deadlines where stipulated), policies and procedures with internal and external parties in/with DCP
• Investigate issues of non-compliance and report same promptly to the HOD
• Review and Advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Head of Department and/or Company Secretary.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
• A good first degree (LL.B) in Law/Legal Studies) from an accredited Institution • A member of the Nigerian Bar Association • Professional certification such as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) would confer an advantage.
• Must have at least Two (2) but not mare than Six (6) years post graduate experience • Proven experience in research, analysis and legal advisory on fundamental business matters • Experience in contract drafting and negotiation as well as dispute resolution, • Good understanding of general and specific company and commercial law in Nigeria • Managing compliance with regulatory institutions and support driving same in DCP business and official engagements • Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
Skills and Competencies
• Good knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Law • Effective Negotiation Skills • Effective Team Playing Skills • Excellent Business Writing and Communication skills • Great Emotional Intelligence • Enthusiasm and Commitment to service delivery • Private Health Insurance • Paid Time Off • Training and Development