Please check your email.
Main Job Purpose
This role works to support Group Legal Counsel and business units with timely advice on Group legal issues ranging from contractual arrangements with clients, partners, subcontractors and consultants, tender submissions, various forms of guarantees, international supply chain procurement and enquiries from our overseas offices.
MAIN ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide timely and accurate legal advice and practical solutions to all Crown Agents’ businesses both locally and internationally
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary colleagues at Head Office and in international operations on contractual and other legal matters relating to the day-to-day operation of the business
• Draft, review, negotiate and provide legal advice to internal business clients on a wide range of contractual documents including teaming and consortium agreements, joint venture agreements, subcontracts, confidentiality agreements, consultancy agreements, services agreements, framework agreements, licensing agreements, guarantees, international supply chain arrangements, tender documents and all forms of procurement undertaken by Crown Agents
• Ensure that contracts and other legal documents are effectively and properly drafted, and reviewed and interpreted to identify legal risks and minimise such risks and liabilities for the business
• Assist with the development and updating of legal templates
• Liaise with and manage external counsel when required
• Provide advice and assistance on other matters as and when required, including but not limited to:
• setting up and maintenance of Group legal entities
• Group’s existing and future intellectual property rights portfolio
• data protection related matters
• disputes and litigation
• Group’s office leases • Liaise with Group Compliance when required on legal matters
• Convey legal advice in a manner understandable to non-lawyers
• Assist with the delivery of legal training
• Remain abreast of legal developments in the key jurisdictions in which Crown Agents operates
• Be aware of, adhere to and reinforce Group policies and procedures, particularly in respect of safeguarding, in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
• Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents speak up culture to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
• Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as may be required
• Be aware of and adhere to organisational quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement.
About you Requirements
• Qualified Lawyer
• Experience in commercial, procurement, corporate law practice. Knowledge of the international donor and aid sector an advantage.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will always promote diversity for all candidates as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications, and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict