Please check your email .
Senior Legal Officer Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head –Legal
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, draft, review and where applicable advice the Company on any contracts that are to be executed with third parties.
• Providing Legal advice to the Company in line with its business mandate.
• Providing Board and Management secretarial support services and other committee/meetings as may be assigned from time to time including taking minutes thereof
• Processing Title Deeds and other Registrable Instruments in-house and, or in liaison with external providers
• Conduct searches, registration and filings as may be required at various Government Departments and Agencies, Local Authorities or other relevant bodies.
• Ensure excellent record keeping of all legal transactions of the Company.
• Represents the Company in Courts of law and other judicial /quasi-judicial or administrative bodies in respect of proceedings to which the Company is party or has interest.
• Representation of the Company at external engagements with stakeholders whenever mandate is given.
• Preparation and submission of periodic legal reports
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by relevant authority
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) or its equivalent from a recognized University.
• Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from a recognized University or Institute is a Must.
• Possession of Full and valid professional qualification and Membership with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) shall be added advantage.
• Full and valid membership with the Uganda Law Society and or East African Law Society with a valid practicing certificate as a Must.
• Possession of additional qualifications in Project Planning and Management or Business Administration from a recognized University shall be an added advantage.
• Relevant working experience of (3) three years as a Senior Legal Officer or in a similar senior position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization
• Experience in working with public, or private sector organizations involved in housing-related projects, or programs, shall be an added advantage.
• Well-developed Business Management skills
• High Level of Ethics, Integrity & Credibility
• Negotiation, Communication and Reporting skills
• Competencies in Analytical thinking and Judgment skills
• Result Oriented & Ability to manage workload while paying attention to details
• Interpersonal, and Human Relations skills