Arbitration, Charities and pro bono, Company commercial, Criminal, Education, Government and public sector, Governance, risk and compliance, Health and safety, Healthcare and pharmaceuticals, Human Rights
To provide overall legal expertise and support on legal issues relating to the functions, structures and activities of the organization and support management on issues pertaining to legal and regulatory framework and monitor compliance with legal and regulatory corporate governance requirements.
• Advising the organisation on all legal matters that may arise in its operations; • Drawing and vetting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents; • Negotiating for contracts;
• Development of divisional budgets and work plans;
• Following up on cases filed against the organisation and preparation of legal reports and opinions;
• Undertaking legal research;
• Liaising with external lawyers and the state law office on all cases filed against the organisation to ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time; • Developing, implementing and reviewing legal policies and procedures to ensure that they are in accord with the existing legislation;
• Coordinating the organisation’s complaint management system;
• Advising the organisation on the legislation that affect the organisation and changes made thereof;
• Monitoring compliance with legal and statutory requirements of the organisation; • Providing necessary support in the board secretarial function;
• Providing of day to day legal and regulatory support to the functional areas covering general compliance queries and reviews; and
• Carry out any other duties relating to laws of the country or the organisation generally as may be directed by the head legal services from time to time.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: -
• Have a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from a recognized institution;
• Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines; Law, Business , Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
• Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
• Admission to the Roll of Advocates of the High Court of Kenya;
• Be a member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
• Possession of a current Law Practicing Certificate;
• Evidence of proficiency in computer applications;
• A supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
• Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in Public service or Private sector,
• Experience in Public Sector matters/operations
Key competencies • Organisational skills
• Team player
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Strategic planning skills
• Leadership skills
These positions are all on three (3) year contract basis renewable as per the NACC’s regulations. The individuals recruited shall be expected to exhibit high integrity and be team players. If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope to be received by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate against any applicant based on their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advised on the next cause of action. The NACC does NOT charge any payment or fees in this process, either directly or indirectly. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.