• Responsible for taking down comprehensive instructions from policy holders during personal consultations or telephonically, or by receipt of written instructions by letter, email or fax; and supply immediate basic legal and product advice if required
• Attend to criminal, civil, family and labour files.
• Register new cases on Greenbox; including all relevant dates and values and verify policy payment history, before commencing with legal assistance.
• The LAW FOR ALL process must be explained in detail to members as well as the exclusion procedure.
• Drafting of letters, representations and appeals.
• Mediation for the purposes of settlement agreements and debt repayments and/or drafting of basic legal contracts and wills.
• Assessing merits of legal cases for the purposes of legal advice to policy holders and/or for ascertaining whether member qualifies for litigation cover (product knowledge).
• Managing litigation claims in cooperation with the Legal Executive and in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Legal operational manual
• Verification of policy payment history monthly,
• Organising referrals/instructions to accredited panel attorneys,
• Administration and payment of panel attorney invoices and correspondence,
• Follow rejection/exclusion procedures in accordance with the legal operational manual and as required by law.
• Proper administration of his/her file load of pending case files; and diarising system. It is a call centre environment
Minimum Requirements: · LLB degree and an admitted attorney or advocate · 2 – 5 years’ experience in a Legal Environment
· Ability to speak, write and understand two official African languages of which English or Afrikaans should be one OR both
· Computer literate, excellent communication skills and initiative,
· Excellent team player,
· Able to work without supervision,
· Positive and motivated individual,
· Also possess the attributes as set out under the heading skills, ability and knowledge