At WFO Roedl & Partner, there is an opportunity to learn and grow. Join the team of professionals supporting and enhancing the business space. From supporting growing and ambitious organizations across the world to working in a friendly and supportive environment, we have carved a niche for providing excellence in all service areas. Innovation is in our DNA and that’s why you belong here.
Our firm seeks to recruit candidates to join our team of professionals involved in Legal Advisory Services:
Job Position: Legal Associate
Job Location: Lagos
• We are looking for a practicing legal professional with experience in legal advisory, company secretarial, employment and immigration services. Interested candidate must be able to communicate in German language.
• Such candidate must be a focused, efficient, result-oriented individual with strong leadership personality and communication skills.
• He/She will be expected to directly lead large and medium sized company secretarial engagements. Responsibilities
• Filing of returns and the updating of corporate records of the entities at the appropriate registry.
• Assisting with Corporate Secretarial duties and ensuring maintenance of statutory books and records.
• Incorporation and management of corporate affairs of new companies being set up.
• Provide legal guidance at meetings and oversee compliance in the areas of Commercial Law.
• Review briefs and draft and perfect Company agreements.
• Provide Internal Legal guidance and counseling services.
• Develop Legal commentaries on appraisal of agreements.
• Identify legal implications of transactions.
• Conduct Research and Legal inquiries.
• Advise on effects of and compliance with legislation.
• Provide market entry advisory services to incoming clients.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
• Must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Second Class Upper degree) from a reputable university and fulfilled the requisite call to bar.
• Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience (post call to bar) in corporate practice with in-depth knowledge and experience in corporate governance, company secretarial and compliance services, employment & immigration law.
• Must possess student membership of ICSA.
• Must possess broad experience and understanding in Employment & Immigration law.
• Must be disciplined in delivering tasks within deadlines.
• Must possess good presentation, communication and client management skills.
• Must possess good research skills and experience in preparing legal briefs.
• Must be able to work using own initiative and perform tasks with minimal supervision