Please check your email .
Will have the responsibility of working together with the Head of Legal in providing legal and company secretarial services to the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provision of internal legal advice to NSE on its operations, and initiatives and make proposals for changes in the existing Capital Markets Laws, Regulations, Rules and Guidelines, as necessary.
2. Draft and engage with various regulators on regulations, rules and guidelines required to facilitate NSE operations and initiatives;
3. Negotiate, review and drafting of agreements with service providers and various stakeholders;
4. Maintain the Company’s Contracts Register;
5. Carry out legal research and provide support in making appropriate recommendations to the Board and Management of NSE;
6. Provide updates and legal opinions to the NSE Board, Management and Staff as appropriate on legal developments affecting NSE’s operations;
7. Maintain an up to date legal framework (e.g. regulations and rules) of the NSE and ensure upload on the NSE Website;
8. Assist in ensuring that the company’s Intellectual property is protected and up to date with the relevant registries;
9. Coordinate and support external legal counsel engaged by NSE to provide legal services and ensure timely delivery of services by external counsel;
10. Assist in effectively managing any dispute resolution that the company may be involved in;
11. Assist to prepare NSE Board and Committee Papers in a timely fashion and assist in various company secretarial tasks;
12. Coordinate the development of status reports on the company’s compliance with applicable laws and ensure regulatory compliance, in liason with the Risk and Compliance Department; and
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and desired skills
1. Bachelor’s degree in Law. A Master’s degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage
2. Minimum four (4) years’ post qualification experience. Experience in the financial services sector will be an added advantage.
3. Experience in company secretarial practice is preferred.
1. Knowledge and experience in corporate and commercial law.
2. Knowledge and exposure to finance sector laws, regulations, rules & guidelines.
3. Ability to prepare contracts and various relevant legal documents.
4. Experience in legislative drafting.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.